Summer School – The Layered Surface with Lia Tajcnar
5 days–January 8–12
Cost: $470 Includes some clay, slips (for making tiles and stamps) materials and limited firing.
- intermediate students
- advanced students
In this course you will
- Experiment with a range of surface decoration techniques including – stamping, carving, and stencilling with coloured slips
- Explore ways of creating meaning and telling stories through imagery and pattern
- Apply these concepts and techniques to your own work
- Develop your own design ideas and reflect on your own and others’ work
- Construct a library of experimental techniques and concepts on tiles to inform your own practice.
Lia Tajcnar has degrees in painting & ceramics. She loves to combine colour, pattern & imagery with tactile form in her ceramics practice. She is ever curious and experiments with techniques gleaned from other mediums to tap into the vast range of creative possibilities inherent in ceramics. Lia’s teaching philosophy is to support students in developing their own vision through experimenting, testing and risk-taking and critically evaluating their work with playful and creative enquiry.
to see Lia’s work visit her Instagram @curiosity.smith