10am – 1pm Sundays
- beginners who have completed Introduction to Clay
- intermediate students
- advanced students
This series of short courses will celebrate the endless possibilities of handbuilding. Each course focuses on a specific project and/or skill. The workshops will run during term time, costs will vary depending on the course content and inclusions.
Term 1 2019
Large coil pots for the garden – Feb 10, 17 & 24
Cost $180 – includes single firing of one large pot to cone 6, clay is not included
Over three Sunday mornings Jo Townsend will take you though techniques for building and decorating large strong pots that will survive the Canberra winter.
You will learn how to:
- build with coils and slabs
- maintain the shape of your pot as it grows
- make a pot up to 600mm tall
- make your pot strong
- user a range of decorative techniques (including carving, stamping, highlight glazing and use of additions) suitable for a single firing.
Playing with Pinched Pottery – March 17, 24, 31
Cost $180 – includes clay and bisque firing.
In this course Sue Cant will lead you through an exploration of the possibilities provided by pinching to create sophisticated and varied artworks.
- use a variety of clays, from porcelain to heavily grogged clays
- use a variety of pinching techniques
- experiment with additions to your work
- explore a variety of surface decoration techniques
BOOK IN THREE EASY STEPS
Step 1 – add your details, select class and enter credit card details. Please ensure you highlight the correct class and check that your details are correct.
Step 2 – Click on CONFIRM AMOUNT to update number of places, apply member discount and the final payment amount – you must CONFIRM AMOUNT before you PLACE ORDER, otherwise your order will be cancelled.
Step 3 – Click once on PLACE ORDER to process your payment. This may take a moment to complete. Double clicking may result in your credit card being charged twice. A confirmation email and receipt will follow. If you do not receive the email we recommend you check your junk mail box.
If you do NOT receive confirmation an error message will appear immediately below this information. (You may need to scroll to top of form to view it.)