This course is run over two Sunday mornings, March 17 & 24 from 9.30 am – 1.30pm – note new time!
Suitable for intermediate to experienced potters
This course is a complete introduction to firing the electric kiln – packing, firing, maintenance and safety.
You will receive a CPS Kiln licence at the successful completion of this course.
Topics to be covered include:
- The kiln – What it does, how it works, how it is constructed
- Packing for a bisque firing
- Packing for a glaze firing
- Firing temperatures – different clay bodies
- What happens to clay in the firing
- What happens to glaze in the firing
- The use of pyrometric cones
- Firing with and without a (Harco) controller
- Care and maintenance of the kiln and furniture
- Programming the Harco controller
If you are a teacher you may wish to consider
- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.