Easter Teapot workshop
3 day wheel throwing course
Friday 19, Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 April
10 am to 4pm
Watson Arts Centre
cost $ 295 (does not include clay or firing)
Suitable for intermediate to advanced throwers (minimum skill level is to be able centre and pull up a cylinder without assistance).
Skillsets that will be a focus of this course:
- the elements of teapot design
- designing functional shapes
- throwing spouts
- making lids and galleries
- making handles
- fitting and assembling thrown pieces
- Discussion on form and function of the teapot and what to look at when
- designing a teapot
- The day will then be spent throwing the bodies and lids
- Ongoing demonstration and discussion throughout the day.
- Trimming of bodies and lids.
- Fitting of lids.
- Preparation on body to receive the spout
- Discussion on spouts and handles
- Demonstration of throwing spouts, pulling spouts, pulling and hand making handles.
- Putting it all together
- The finishing touches
- Demonstration of glazing a teapot
Students will probably be working on 2 or 3 teapots over the course.
Students will need to bring
Bats if you work on bats
Plastic bags or similar (dry cleaning bags are good, they’re soft and light)
Camera and notebook
Book in three easy steps
Step 1 – add your details, select class and enter credit card details.
Step 2 – Click on CONFIRM AMOUNT to update number of places and the final payment amount – you must CONFIRM AMOUNT before you PLACE ORDER, otherwise your order will be cancelled.
Step 3 – Click on PLACE ORDER to process your payment. Confirmation email will follow.
If you do NOT receive confirmation an error message will appear immediately below this information. (You may need to scroll to top of form to view it.)