Developing Your Style : Pourers, cups and mugs with handles with Kaye Pemberton
This course will run over a three day weekend – 30 September to 2 October from 10am to 3pm.
- intermediate throwers
- advanced throwers
We will throw and develop forms suitable for use as drinking vessels and pourers. Kaye will demonstrate throwing tips for these forms and students will have time to develop their forms over the three day workshop. Kaye will demonstrate various ways to make handles and students will be encouraged to make many styles of handle. Emphasis will be placed on making handles and then attaching them to your thrown pieces.
- Introduction to and discussion of various styles of pourers and drinking vessels
- Considering form and function with pourers, cups and mugs
- Throwing demonstrations and tips for functional forms
- Developing forms suitable for attaching handles
- Various methods of making handles
- Tips and skills involved in attaching handles