Saturday 5, Sunday 6 and Monday 7 October (long weekend in ACT)
10 am – 4 pm
$450 (clay and materials included, firing not included)
This workshop is suitable for:
- *people with experience in their chosen making method ie. throwing, hand building or slip casting etc
- people wanting to explore working with coloured porcelain
A three day, hands-on workshop to develop a collection of vessels that incorporates nerikomi (coloured clay patterning), carving/piercing, and adding texture.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- colour porcelain (including making coloured canes and slips)
- use this coloured clays in your preferred making technique – throwing, hand building or slip casting
- incorporate colour inlays
- carve, drill and pierce using a dremel drill and scalpel
- use sprigging techniques and slip trailer
Every participant will get the opportunity to produce several vessels using the coloured patterns they have developed, along with the techniques described above to form the basis of a fabulous collection of vessels.
*Please note – This is not a workshop that teaches throwing or slip casting. If you wish to work in either of these methods you will need prior knowledge and/or to bring your own slip casting moulds. There will be a very limited number of slip casting moulds to experiment with in the workshop.
Once classes are full they disappear from this form.
Book in three easy steps
Step 1 – Add your details, select class from drop down list then enter your credit card details.
Step 2 – Click on CONFIRM AMOUNT to update number of places and the final payment amount. Please note you must CONFIRM AMOUNT before you PLACE ORDER, otherwise your order will be cancelled.
Step 3 – Click on PLACE ORDER to process your payment. This can take a moment to process. Clicking a second time may result in your credit card being charged twice. A confirmation email will follow. If you do not receive an email we suggest you check your junk mail folder.
If you do NOT receive confirmation an error message will appear immediately below this information. (You may need to scroll to top of form to view it.)