We offer a range of holiday classes that cater for the absolute beginner to the clay enthusiast.
- The minimum age for each class is specified below. Each course is designed for a specific age.
- All clay, materials and firing are included. Please note firing takes approximately four weeks.
- Class dates and times are in the drop down list in the form below. Only classes that have available spaces will appear in the form.
- Children need to bring their own food and drink.
- Parents/carers are welcome to enrol as students. Parents attending as observers in the classroom is discouraged and only allowed under special circumstances by prior arrangement with Canberra Potters. You are welcome to remain onsite.
Please note once classes are full they disappear from the form.
Story telling with finger puppets – $150
Mon 15 & Tues 16 April – 9am – 12.30pm
This two morning course is designed for children aged 5 years plus. The students will make and decorate finger puppets and use them to explore storytelling and performance.
Clay Day – $190 9am – 4pm
Wed 17 April OR Friday 26 April
Students who are 7 years or older can enjoy a fun day of clay activities – you can have a go on the potter’s wheel, make a platter to amaze your friends, make a clay creature for your garden, decorate and refine your pots and take home a pot you’ve glazed and Raku fired yourself – raku firings are weather dependant and will not take place on very hot days.
Working on the Wheel
Tues 23 & Wed 24 April – 9am – 12.30pm
For children over the age of 7 years, this course is equally good for beginners and continuing students. You will spend two mornings working on the potter’s wheel. You will design, refine and decorate your creations under our expert guidance.
Book in three easy steps
Step 1 – add your details, select class and enter credit card details.
Step 2 – Click on CONFIRM AMOUNT to update number of places and the final payment amount – you must CONFIRM AMOUNT before you PLACE ORDER, otherwise your order will be cancelled.
Step 3 – Click on PLACE ORDER to process your payment. Confirmation email will follow.
If you do NOT receive confirmation an error message will appear immediately below this information. (You may need to scroll to top of form to view it.)