We offer a range of holiday classes that cater for the absolute beginner to the clay enthusiast.
- The minimum age for each class is specified below, with each courses being designed for a specific age including high school and college students .
- All clay, materials and firing are included. Please note firing takes approximately four weeks.
- Class dates and times are in the drop down list in the form below. Only classes that have available spaces will appear in the form.
- Bring your own food and drink
- Parents/carers are welcome to enrol as students. Parents attending as observers in the classroom is discouraged and only allowed under special circumstances by prior arrangement with Canberra Potters.
Please note once classes are full they disappear from the form.
Story telling with simple puppets (Cancelled)
This two morning course is designed for children aged 5 to 12. The students will make and decorate simple puppets and use them to explore storytelling and performance.
Magical and Mythical beasts (FILLING FAST)
This two morning course is designed for children aged 5 to 12. The students will use simple construction techniques to build and decorate fantastic creatures. They will use beasts from literature and myth and their own imaginations for inspiration.
Students who are 7 years or older can enjoy a fun day of clay activities – you can have a go on the potter’s wheel, make a platter to amaze your friends, make a clay creature for your garden, decorate and refine your pots and take home a pot you’ve glazed and Raku fired yourself – raku firings are weather dependant and will not take place on very hot days.
This course is for the over 10s. The course is held over 2 days, a Monday and a Friday. the first day will be devoted to making the ceramics part of your steampunk inspired creation. it will be fired and on the Friday you will assemble and decorate your final piece.
Working on the Wheel ( FULL)
For children over the age of 8 years, this course is equally good for beginners and continuing students. You will spend two mornings working on the potter’s wheel. You will design, refine and decorate your creations under our expert guidance.
Wheel Intensive (high school / college)
This 2 day workshop is equally good for beginners or continuing students. By spending two concentrated days on throwing, trimming and decorating your work your skills will improve dramatically. This is for the older student who really wants to gain some wheel throwing skills.
Book in three easy steps
Step 1 – add your details, select class and enter credit card details.
Step 2 – Click on CONFIRM AMOUNT to update number of places and the final payment amount – you must CONFIRM AMOUNT before you PLACE ORDER, otherwise your order will be cancelled.
Step 3 – Click on PLACE ORDER to process your payment. Confirmation email will follow.
If you do NOT receive confirmation an error message will appear immediately below this information. (You may need to scroll to top of form to view it.)