Introduction to Clay – $390
Term 4 2019 is fully booked.
Term 1 2020 is now open for booking.
Click the red arrow in the dropdown box below to see available classes. We do not keep waiting lists. Cancelled bookings will be added to the available positions for that class and will be subject to our cancellation policy.
Suitable for–beginners (clay and firing included – there are limits on the quantity to ensure that quality is maintained in your work)
Class options –
- weekly – one 3 hour class per week for 9 weeks
- intensive – 4 days over the course of two weeks. See dates below.
Term One weekly classes for 2020 commence in the week starting Tuesday February 4.
Weekly classes are available on;
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 6-9pm
- Friday 10am-1pm
- Saturday 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Sunday 10am – 1pm
For more information on class dates click here. Please note that Canberra Potters’ term classes do not run on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday of a long weekend. Friday classes run as normal.
It is not possible for missed classes to be made up on another day or time, the course follows a set curriculum and all classes are full..
This course takes students through a range of techniques for working with clay.
- Sessions 1 to 3 – students get a feel for clay and its properties through various hand-building techniques and projects.
- Session 4 – introduction to glazing
- Sessions 5 to 7 – focus on the potter’s wheel, learning to centre clay (the basis for all wheel-throwing) and form cylinders and other shapes.
- Session 8 – work produced during weeks so far is glazed ready for final firing.
- Session 9 – a raku firing takes place when students will see some of their pots go through the raku rapid firing process. This is weather dependant and may not happen in very hot or high fire danger conditions.
Health and safety aspects of working with clay and pottery materials are covered during the course.
Intensive Intro–the same course packed into 4 days.
January 2020 – $390 – FULL
Two courses to choose from
- Saturday 11, Sunday, 12, Monday 13 January & Sunday 2 February (9 am – 4.30pm)
- Saturday 25, Sunday, 25, Monday 27 January & Sunday 9 February (9 am – 4.30pm)
Book in three easy steps
Step 1 – add your details, select class and enter credit card details.
Step 2 – Click on CONFIRM AMOUNT to update number of places and the final payment amount – you must CONFIRM AMOUNT before you PLACE ORDER, otherwise your order will be cancelled.
Step 3 – Click on PLACE ORDER to process your payment. Confirmation email will follow.
Step 4 – If you do not receive a receipt of payment check your junk mail and if it is not there contact email@example.com ASAP.