Introduction to Clay – $385
Bookings for Term 3 are now open.
Click the red arrow in the dropdown box below to see available classes. We do not keep waiting lists. Cancelled bookings will be added to the available positions for that class.
Suitable for–beginners (clay and firing included – there are limits on the quantity to ensure that quality is maintained in your work)
Class options –
- weekly – one class a week for 9 weeks
- intensive – 4 days over the course of two weeks. See dates below.
Term Three weekly classes for 2019 commence in the week starting Saturday July 27.
Weekly classes are available on;
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 6-9pm
- Friday 10am-1pm
- Saturday 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Sunday 10am – 1pm
For more information on class dates click here. Please note that Canberra Potters’ term classes do not run on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday of a long weekend. Friday classes run as normal.
NB. This course follows a set curriculum, it is not possible for missed classes to be made up on another day or time.
This course takes students through a range of techniques for working with clay.
- Sessions 1 to 3 – students get a feel for clay and its properties through various hand-building techniques and projects.
- Session 4 – introduction to glazing
- Sessions 5 to 7 – focus on the potter’s wheel, learning to centre clay (the basis for all wheel-throwing) and form cylinders and other shapes.
- Session 8 – work produced during weeks so far is glazed ready for final firing.
- Session 9 – a raku firing takes place when students will see some of their pots go through the raku rapid firing process. This is weather dependant and may not happen in very hot or high fire danger conditions.
Health and safety aspects of working with clay and pottery materials are covered during the course.
Intensive Intro–the same course packed into 4 days.
September – $385
- Saturday 28, Sunday 29, Monday 30 September, and Sunday 13 October (9 am – 4.30pm)
July – $385
- Saturday 6, Sunday 7 and Monday 8 and Sunday 21 (9 am – 4.30pm)
Book in three easy steps
Step 1 – add your details, select class and enter credit card details.
Step 2 – Click on CONFIRM AMOUNT to update number of places and the final payment amount – you must CONFIRM AMOUNT before you PLACE ORDER, otherwise your order will be cancelled.
Step 3 – Click on PLACE ORDER to process your payment. Confirmation email will follow.
If you do NOT receive confirmation an error message will appear immediately below this information. (You may need to scroll to top of form to view it.)