TQI course 003877
Accreditation 5 hours
Onsite at Canberra potters – 9am – 3.30 lunch provided -$210 pp
now booking – Wednesday April 3
Delivered at your school – can be one or two sessions minimum 3 people $240 pp. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time .
Suitable for anyone who needs more information to successfully fire their school kiln. You may book and pay online. If you need us to invoice your school please check appropriate box on form. Regretfully we are unable to give discounts to casual teachers.
This course is a complete introduction to firing the electric kiln – packing, firing, maintenance and safety.
This course can also be delivered at your school – email email@example.com to arrange a time – Cost $ minimum 3 people.
Topics to be covered include:
- The kiln – What it does, how it works, how it is constructed
- Packing for a bisque firing
- Packing for a glaze firing
- Glaze application techniques
- Firing temperatures – different clay bodies
- What happens to clay in the firing
- What happens to glaze in the firing
- The use of pyrometric cones
- Firing with and without a (Harco) controller
- Care and maintenance of the kiln and furniture
- Programming the Harco controller