TQI course 003507
Accreditation 5 hours
Watson Arts Centre
Wednesday 7 November
9 – 3.30
Suitable for anyone who needs or wants to fire their school kiln.
This course is a complete introduction to firing the electric kiln – packing, firing, maintenance and safety.
This course can also be delivered at your school – email email@example.com for costs and availability.
Topics to be covered include:
- The kiln – What it does, how it works, how it is constructed
- Packing for a bisque firing
- Packing for a glaze firing
- Glaze application techniques
- Firing temperatures – different clay bodies
- What happens to clay in the firing
- What happens to glaze in the firing
- The use of pyrometric cones
- Firing with and without a (Harco) controller
- Care and maintenance of the kiln and furniture
- Programming the Harco controller
Book in three easy steps:
Step 1 – add your details, select class and enter credit card details (or provide details for invoicing your school).
Step 2 – Click on CONFIRM AMOUNT to update number of places and the final payment amount – you must CONFIRM AMOUNT before you PLACE ORDER, otherwise your order will be cancelled.
Step 3 – Click on PLACE ORDER to process your payment. Confirmation email will follow.
If you do NOT receive confirmation an error message will appear immediately below this information. (You may need to scroll to top of form to view it.)