TQI course 003507
Accreditation 5 hours
Cost $210 per person
minimum 3 people
Watson Arts Centre or at your school
Suitable for anyone who needs or wants to fire their school kiln.
This course is a complete introduction to firing the electric kiln – packing, firing, maintenance and safety.
This course can also be delivered at your school – email email@example.com to arrange a time – minimum 3 people.
Topics to be covered include:
- The kiln – What it does, how it works, how it is constructed
- Packing for a bisque firing
- Packing for a glaze firing
- Glaze application techniques
- Firing temperatures – different clay bodies
- What happens to clay in the firing
- What happens to glaze in the firing
- The use of pyrometric cones
- Firing with and without a (Harco) controller
- Care and maintenance of the kiln and furniture
- Programming the Harco controller