TQI course 003877
Accreditation 5 hours
Onsite at Canberra Potters
2 x 3 hour sessions – 1pm – 4pm on consecutive weeks
Thursday 23 & Thursday 30 May – now booking
Delivered at your school – minimum 3 people $240 pp. Email email@example.com to arrange a time .
Suitable for anyone who needs more information to successfully fire their school kiln. You may book and pay online. If you need us to invoice your school please check appropriate box on form. Regretfully we are unable to give discounts to casual teachers.
This course is a complete introduction to firing the electric kiln – packing, firing, maintenance and safety.
This course can also be delivered at your school – email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time – Cost $ minimum 3 people.
Topics to be covered include:
- The kiln – What it does, how it works, how it is constructed
- Packing for a bisque firing
- Packing for a glaze firing
- Glaze application techniques
- Firing temperatures – different clay bodies
- What happens to clay in the firing
- What happens to glaze in the firing
- The use of pyrometric cones
- Firing with and without a (Harco) controller
- Care and maintenance of the kiln and furniture
- Programming the Harco controller