Curator: Zoe Slee
working in conjunction with Canberra Potters
This is the official call-out for applications to be included in the ACT’s showcase exhibition of ceramics at the Australian Ceramics Triennale in Tasmania in May 2019. All makers using clay are invited to submit proposals for the exhibition. The concept of the show is to highlight ceramic excellence within the ACT and surrounding region, providing a national platform to exhibit new, contemporary makers and to showcase the diversity of talent within the field.
The exhibition will be staged in the main venue: Prince Wharf One. This is a large open space and each group exhibition will sit as one block with each group delineated in part by drapes. All artworks will be displayed on plinths due to space and OH&S restrictions. Each group will be given a maximum of 15 plinths, with each base being 450mm square with a top approx. 10mm larger on all sides. There are two different heights of plinth to choose from – 600mm and 800mm – and artists should indicate in their proposals if they have a height preference. The plinth tops will be a very pale shade of grey with the colour of the plinth bases remaining a surprise. These colours are out of our control and will be determined by the Triennale committee.
To cover the cost of this group show there is a $30 non-refundable entry fee. Unpaid entries will not be considered for selection. Payment is to be made by bank transfer to:
- BSB: 062-905
- Account no: 00904046
- Account name: Canberra Potters Society Inc
- Identify your payment using the reference TRI plus your last name.
- Email email@example.com to confirm that payment has been made.
Shipping/transportation of artworks to and from Tasmania, and insurance of artworks during transit and/or whilst on display, is the exhibitor’s responsibility and cost.
There will be 15 people selected to represent the ACT and surrounding region in this exhibition.
- Deadline for entries: extended to 23 January 2019
- Artists notified of selection result: 27 January 2019
- High quality images, bio and artist statement required: 1 March 2019
- Labels and pricing information required: 1 April 2019
- Delivery of artworks to Tasmania: 29 April 2019
- Exhibition: 1-4 May 2019
- Collection of artworks: 5 May 2019 (TBC)
Enquiries can be directed to curator Zoe Slee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application is only via the following entry form: