Workshop access for CPS members
Please contact the admin/enrolment office on 02 6241 7800 or by email for full details of access requirements, times, costs, etc.
Canberra Potters closes on 22 December 2019 and reopens on Monday 6 January 2020
A copy of the current term timetable is here.
- To use the CPS workshop facilities as a member you must meet minimum pottery experience levels (see below). The satisfactory completion of a Workshop Health & Safety (WH&S) orientation is mandatory, as are annual refreshers for continued access. No satisfactory orientation or refresher–no access.
- After holding continuous membership for 6 months members may apply for a workshop key giving access out of hours but before a key can be issued an orientation session has to be satisfactorily completed or, if one has not been done in the last 12 months, a refresher session must be completed.
- The applicant will also have to demonstrate a sound level of equipment competency and WH&S procedures. There is a $50 deposit payable before a key can be issued; this will be refunded when the key is returned.
- The number of keys that can be issued is limited so if there are no keys currently available then you can be added to a waiting list.
- A workshop key may be withdrawn from a member found to be not complying with health and safety procedures or not making use of their key. A member must keep their membership current whilst a keyholder and undertakes to return their key if they no longer have a need for it.
Thursday morning drop-in session
- This drop-in session is for members and runs from 9.30am to 12.30pm, utilising the main workshop. It runs during the Canberra Potters 9-week terms and the week preceding the start of term (with the exception of the start of the winter term when there will be no sessions the week before term if they clash with the Winter School).
- Please note that occasionally due to working bees or other workshop requirements, the workshop may be closed during this first week.
- As of 2019, the Thursday morning ‘drop-in’ session in the main workshop also requires the completion of a WH&S orientation or refresher, as it is no longer a semi-supervised session.
- Members attending this session are expected to abide by CPS workshop health and safety procedures and any health and safety directives given by staff or other authorised personnel, either verbally or via workshop or other notices.
- The Workshop Manager will regularly check the roll to ensure that people are up to date with their WH&S requirements, and may request you attend an update.
Free Workshop/Health & Safety Orientation sessions are run once a month–generally the first Saturday of the month (except January) at 2.30pm for members wanting to use the facilities.
To register for the next free orientation session, fill in the form at the bottom of this page and click ‘submit’. For further information, contact the workshop office on 02 6241 7800 or by email for details.
Orientations for 2019:
- Saturday 1 February 2020
Please note that spaces on each orientation are limited. You must register for a session using the form below (and not just turn up on the day) and you must be a member before registering.
To register for the next (see list above) free Saturday orientation session, fill in this form and click ‘submit’
Please note that members must have completed two CPS courses or equivalent and/or have been practicing pottery consistently for six months before access to the Member’s Workshop can be granted.